- Facility Use Policies & Procedures
- Permit Applications & Fees
Permit Applications & Fees
How to Apply
Steps to secure a permit vary based on the type of permit. Please note: If you have previously obtained a permit, you have an account! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble accessing your account. Applicants must have a valid email address on file as that will be the main communication source.
Daily Permit: Daily facility permits for some facilities may be secured directly online. For all other facilities and times not posted online, an application must be submitted using the following steps:
The City charges a non-refundable $1 permit application fee. If the permit is approved, the application fee will be applied to the permit fees. Please see the fees section below for payment requirements.
- Visit the City’s online registration portal. Navigate to the requested facility type.
- Use the Facility Search Criteria to navigate to the requested date. Click the Search button to apply any new Search Criteria.
- Select a time slot for the facility. Note: You may edit the requested time in a later step.
- Once you click the time slot, click "Add to Cart" to proceed. If you have not already logged in to your account, you will be asked to do so at this point.
- Answer, in detail, any questions pertaining to the permit application. Any questions not answered truthfully may result in an indefinite suspension of permitting privileges.
- Complete the Permit Information fields.
- Sign off on all waivers.
- Continue, Proceed to Checkout, and pay the $1 application fee.
- Staff will review the application and communicate with the applicant (via email or phone) as to whether the applicant is approved, rejected, needs additional information or documentation, or if a change of time, date, or location is necessary to accommodate the permit.
- If a permit is approved, fees will be charged according to the information below.
Block Permit: A Block Permit Application must be submitted for those wishing to secure a Block permit.
Event/Tournament/Camp Permit: Those wishing to obtain permits for these activities must submit the Public Assembly/Event Permit Application.
Facility fees are charged based on the City’s Master Fees and Charges, approved by Palm Beach Gardens City Council on an annual basis. A credit card must be kept on file for all permit holders - the credit card on file may be charged for facility use exceeding the permit, or damage caused to a facility during the permit. If a prepaid permit is canceled by the City due to adverse weather or any other reason, the credit card used to pay for the permit will be refunded within 48 hours.
Upon approval of any daily permit application, the City will charge the applicant in full for the permit. The credit card that was used to pay the $1 permit application fee will be charged.
Fees for block permits will be charged to the credit card on file monthly, in the last three days of the month for the next month’s facility usage. For example, June’s permits will be charged between May 29-31.
All applicable fees must be paid in full prior to any permitted facility use.
Fees will be due according to the payment plan listed on the quote for the event, tournament, or camp. For tournaments and events, 25% of the quoted fees is due to secure the facility and date(s). The remaining 75% is due no less than 45 days in advance of the tournament or event start date. For camps up to five days in duration, all applicable fees must be paid in full to secure the facility and date(s). For camps longer than five days, fees will be due on a weekly basis after the first five days have been paid in full to secure the facility and date(s).
Palm Beach Gardens Youth Athletic Association (PBGYAA)
The PBGYAA is the City's recognized provider of youth, recreational sports leagues. Some fees charged to PBGYAA divisions may differ from those charged to other persons or organizations as covered in the City/PBGYAA agreement.
PBGYAA travel sports programs that derive from recreation are provided five months of non-reimbursable facility permit space provided that it falls within the City's Scheduled Maintenance Closures and allocated facilities are deemed playable for use. Allocated months of exempt permit fees for the PBGYAA are as follows:
- Soccer: January through May
- Baseball: August through December
- Softball: April through August
- Basketball: February through July
Change fees apply to any requested and City-approved alteration of a permit request or existing reservation. Change requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Requests for changes will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis – there is no guarantee that requested changes be fulfilled, especially with short notice. Change fees are not applicable to PBGYAA or historical organizations.
Change fees are charged according to the notice given in advance of the permit:
- More than 7 days, 3% of original receipt
- Less than 7 days but more than 48 hours, 7% of original receipt
- Less than 48 hours, 15% of original receipt
Changes are exempt from charges within 24 hours of original booking, except when the original booking takes place less than 48 hours in advance of the original reservation.
If the change can be fulfilled, the applicable percentage above will be automatically charged to the card used to pay for the reservation.
Recognized User Groups
As a benefit to Recognized User Groups, change fees will not apply to the first three requested changes in each City fiscal year, which runs October 1 through September 30.
Once the Recognized User Group’s three free changes are exhausted, the card used to pay for the reservation will be automatically charged the aforementioned change fees.
The City reserves the right to move or cancel any permit for any reason. In the event the City cancels a permit, the permit holder will be refunded in full.
Cancellation of a daily permit or single use of a block permit must be done by the permit holder using the City’s online registration system. If a daily permit or single use of a block permit is canceled by the permit holder:
- more than 14 days in advance, 5% of the fee paid will be forfeited.
- less than 14 days in advance but more than 7 days in advance, 10% of the fee paid will be forfeited.
- less than 7 days in advance but more than 48 hours in advance, 50% of the fee paid will be forfeited.
- less than 48 hours in advance, no refunds will be granted.
Notice of request to cancel a tournament or event must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a tournament or event is canceled by the permit holder:
- more than 90 days in advance, 5% of the total quoted fees will be forfeited.
- less than 90 days in advance but more than 45 days in advance, 10% of the total quoted fees will be forfeited. If the permit holder gives notice within this window that less facilities are needed, 10% of the fees for the canceled facilities will be forfeited.
- less than 45 days in advance but more than 14 days in advance, 50% of the total quoted fees will be forfeited. If the permit holder gives notice within this window that less facilities are needed, 50% of the fees for the cancelled facilities will be forfeited.
- less than 14 days in advance, no refunds will be granted.