- Please send your camper with goggles, snacks, drinks, a towel, and sunscreen daily.
- Campers will be in the water the majority of each day, so they should be comfortable in the water. Please see the swimming requirement in the camp description. For specific camp questions, please email email@example.com or call 561-630-1100.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- March 6: All full-day, half-day, and specialty camps become available for registration for Palm Beach Gardens residents only, both online and in person at any Recreation facility.
- April 15: Non-resident registration opens for all camps, space permitting.
Does your child have what it takes to be a lifeguard?! Join us for Junior Lifeguard camp this summer! We’ll be teaching all the skills and knowledge your future lifeguard needs to be successful in this critical safety role. Throughout the week, they’ll be working hard towards building their endurance in the water and learning life-saving techniques from performing rescues to moving victims and hitting on CPR/First Aid topics. They will also learn what it means to be a lifeguard off the stand, by learning crucial customer service skills and participating in team-building activities.
At the end of the week, you can expect your camper to be familiar with all the basic rescue equipment used in a water emergency and have knowledge of a safe aquatic environment. They will also have an opportunity to shadow a lifeguard on duty! While the topics stay the same, the activities will be changing every week, so make sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
- Participants must complete the Water Competency Sequence consisting of:
- Step or jump into the water over your head.
- Return to the surface and float or tread water for one minute.
- Turn around in a full circle and find an exit.
- Swim 25 yards to the exit.
- Exit from the water. Must be able to exit without using the ladder.
- AGE: 11-14 (per American Red Cross)
- TIME: 8:00am-12:00pm
- INSTRUCTOR: PBG Aquatics Staff
- LOCATION: PBG Aquatic Complex, 4404 Burns Road
|2||June 5, 7, 9||$65/$82||220805-02|
|3||June 12, 14, 16||$65/$82||220805-03|
|4||June 19, 21, 23||$65/$82||220805-04|
|5||June 26, 28, 30||$65/$82||220805-05|
|7||July 10, 12, 14||$65/$82||220805-07|
|8||July 17, 19, 21||$65/$82||220805-08|
|9||July 24, 26, 28||$65/$82||220805-09|
|10||July 31, August 2, 4||$65/$82||220805-10|
Camp Gardens will use ProCare software for daily sign in/out and verify pick-up persons for your child. Not only will this tablet-based system save trees, but it will also allow our camp staff to communicate more effectively. Registered parents/guardians will receive either emails or push notifications regarding field trip updates, pictures of campers having an awesome time, boo boo reports, authorized pick up notifications, and much more.
New camp parents/guardians must create a ProCare account by visiting the web address before your child’s first day of camp:
Did you know that you can register now to save your spot in camp and pay later? Our Play-A-Way program allows you to register for two weeks or more of camp per child and only pay a deposit equal to one week of camp (per child). From there, you can make installment payments towards the balance until May 12, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Accounts not paid in full by May 12 are subject to registration cancellation.
Most Recreation Department programs offer a resident and a non-resident fee. To be eligible for the discounted resident fees, a participant must reside within incorporated Palm Beach Gardens municipal limits and provide acceptable proof of residency. To check residency status, please enter your address at pbgrec.com/residency. If your address does not appear, then you will be charged the non-resident fees.
A non-refundable fee of $1 per child will be charged for waitlist enrollments. This fee must be paid with a credit card. Should a spot open on the waitlist and the parent/guardian confirms that they still want the child to attend that camp, the credit card used to pay the $1 waitlist fee will be charged for the balance of the week of camp.
A fee of $15 for each portion of 15 minutes will be issued for each participant picked up after the scheduled ending time. There is no “grace” period. This fee must be paid when late pick-up occurs.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), persons in need of special accommodations to participate in recreation programs shall contact us at the Burns Road Community Center, 561-630-1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 21, 2023.
We partner with The Arc of Palm Beach County who will assist in assessing your child’s needs. You can reach The Arc at 561-842-3213 should you wish to inquire about their camps.
All refunds must be requested in writing at any of our Recreation service desks or through the Refund Request Electronic Form. Online cancellations will allow parents/guardians to receive their refund within 1 to 3 days if the camp was originally paid for with a credit card. If you paid with cash (checks not accepted), you should expect a refund check in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
The cancellation policy is as follows:
- More than 48 hours in advance: Receive 90% of the original fees paid.*
- Less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours in advance: Receive 75% of the original fees paid.*
- Less than 24 hours in advance: No refund.*
*If your child cannot attend camp due to a serious injury or illness, a doctor’s note must be immediately emailed to email@example.com for review. Refunds will not be issued for single-day illnesses.