Candidates successfully completing the class will be certified in Lifeguarding, Standard First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Attendance at all classes is required.
- AGE: 15+
- PREREQUISITES: Must be able to swim a total of 300 yards demonstrating freestyle and breaststroke. Must be able to swim 20 yards, submerge and retrieve a 10lb brick, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point within 1 minute and 40 seconds. (Lower Prerequisites can be applied to Shallow Water Lifeguards or Aquatic Attraction Lifeguards).
|Thu-Sun||Oct 12-15||Th 4:00-9:00pm,|
Candidates completing the class will be certified in Lifeguarding, Standard First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Attendance at all classes is required.
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Recognize specific characteristic behaviors of distressed swimmers and active and passive drowning victims; recognize aquatic emergencies and act promptly and appropriately; perform equipment-based rescue skills and techniques used by professional lifeguards; recognize and care for possible spinal cord injuries; learn to provide first aid and CPR.
- PREREQUISITES: Must be a currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguard or within the 30-day grace period of expiration. Must be able to complete all prerequisites of a Lifeguard upon arrival on the first day of class.
This class is for currently certified lifeguards who are seeking advanced training to train prospective lifeguards. Must hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- AGE: 17+
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course prepares you to teach people of all ages and abilities to swim and be safe in, on, and around water. Must attend all classes.
- AGE: 16+
- PREREQUISITES: 25-yard front crawl, backcrawl, breaststroke, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, 15 yards butterfly, 1-minute tread, and back float. All strokes must be performed at a Level 4 skill level.
|Tue-Sat||Jan 2-6||9:00am-6:00pm ||$250/$313||130806-1|
WATER SAFETY AIDE TRAINING & VOLUNTEERING
Learn how to assist Water Safety Instructors in teaching swim lessons. Participants interested in working or volunteering in the Palm Beach Gardens Learn to Swim Program will be required to apply and interview before being placed as an Aide.
- Prerequisite: Must be at least 12 years old. Demonstrate American Red Cross Level 5 Learn to Swim skills. Call or email Steven Goldsmith, Aquatics Supervisor, at 561.630.1127 or email@example.com for more information regarding Water Safety Aide volunteer and employment opportunities.