The Purchasing Department is the central purchasing agency of the City of Palm Beach Gardens government. It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Department to issue and maintain purchasing policies, procedures and guidelines for the city's departments. It is also the Purchasing Department's responsibility to issue solicitations and prepare contracts at the authorization levels established within the purchasing guidelines.
The Purchasing Department's goal is to provide the city with the required goods and services in the most cost effective manner and at the time and place necessary to help ensure that the city provides the public timely and quality service. The purchasing function involves the procurement of goods, materials, supplies, equipment, and services at the lowest possible cost consistent with the quality needed for the daily operations of various city departments. The department's ultimate goal is the promotion of the city's best interest through proper planning and fair dealing with vendors to obtain maximum value for each dollar expended.
Awards & Recognition
The Purchasing Department of the City of Palm Beach Gardens has been awarded the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing's (NIGP) OA4 Accreditation Award and the Small Agency Certification Award from Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC). The Department is also the proud recipient of the National Procurement Institute's Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award and is a Sterling Award winner.
How to Obtain Information on Bids & Other Solicitations
The City of Palm Beach Gardens utilizes electronic online services for notification and distribution of its Solicitations documents. The City's Solicitation information can be obtained from: a) Public Purchase - Please contact Public Purchase by email; website; or call 801.932.7000 for additional information on registration; b) DemandStar - Please contact DemandStar at online or by calling them at 1.800.711.1712; c) Bid Notifications - The City emails all advertised Solicitations to vendors who have signed up for bid notifications. DemandStar and Public Purchase are independent entities and are not agents or representatives of the City. Communications to these entities do not constitute communications to the City. The City is not responsible for errors and omissions occurring in the transmission or downloading of any documents, addenda, plans, or specifications from these websites. Vendors who obtain Solicitations from sources other than those named above are cautioned that the information may be incomplete.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure (PDF)
- Drug Free Work Place Provisions (PDF)
- General Terms and Conditions 102020
- How to do Business with the City of Palm Beach Gardens (PDF)
- Listing of City Contracts and Agreements 102020
- No Gift Policy (PDF)
- Non-Collusion Affidavit (PDF)
- Notification of Public Entity Crimes Law (PDF)
- Notification of Public Records Law (PDF)
- Purchasing Card Policies and Procedures (Rev 062019)
- Purchasing Code of Ethics (PDF)
- Purchasing Mission Statement (PDF)
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual 052020
- Purchasing Values Statement (PDF)
- Purchasing Vision Statement (PDF)
- Sample Bond Forms and Verbiage
- Sample of a Draft Agreement for Goods and Services (PDF)
- Tax Exemption Certificate 2017 - 2022 (PDF)
- Vendor Code of Conduct (PDF)