BUSINESS OPERATIONS DURING COVID-19
- Due to a change in business operations as a result of COVID-19, plan review and application submittal will take longer to process. Please be patient.
- Building Division hours are from 9am- 1pm Monday thru Friday please contact us at 799-4210. Be prepared for longer than normal wait times on the phones.
- Schedule or check inspections online through our website here.
The Building Department is a centralized operation, housing all of the services relating to building and permitting activity for the City of Palm Beach Gardens.
The city adopted the Universal County-Wide / Municipal Building Permit Application Form (PDF) (Please print this form double-sided). This fillable form replaces the residential, commercial, sub-permit and revision permit application forms used in the past.
Checklists & Forms
View a list of checklist and forms.
Open Permit Status Requests
Requests must be made using the Open Permit / Code Case Status Requests Form (PDF). All requests are processed in the order in which they are received during normal business hours. A separate form must be submitted for each type of request. For example, one (1) open permit request shall be submitted for every one (1) parcel and one (1) open code request shall be submitted for every one (1) parcel. Fees associated with these requests are as follows:
- Ten (10) Business Day Turnaround: $100 minimum plus $40 per hour after the first 30 minutes
- Two (2) Business Day Turnaround: $200 minimum plus $40 per hour after the first 30 minutes
For searches of a large nature, additional time may be required subject to staffing availability and as approved by the Operations Manager. As such, expedited requests may not be available for larger requests. Requests received after 12 pm during normal business hours may not be entered until the following business day, please plan accordingly for requests of an urgent nature.
Requests sent via email to email@example.com do not guarantee receipt of request(s) as some emails are blocked for security purposes. Once a request is received, a number will be sent to the requester to allow for online payment. You must have a designated number to enable the online payment feature. Before a request is processed, receipt of payment must be received.
For those paying via mail, please make your check payable to the City of Palm Beach Gardens and mail to the following address:
City of Palm Beach Gardens
10500 N Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
It is the responsibility of the requester to follow-up with the Building and/or Code Department to ensure receipt of any and all requests at (561) 799-4210.
Please note that this information is available at no charge via our Online Permit System.