Makos Swim Team
The Palm Beach Gardens Makos swim team is a recreational swim team that is a part of the South Florida Recreational Swim League. The team practices four days a week and competes in swim meets at least once a month. We have 5 different teams to meet most swimming abilities along with two different practice options. The recreational aspect of the team brings fun, competitiveness and friendships amongst the swimmers. Please see our practice information below for more details or contact Katie Waskiewicz at 561-630-1126 for more information.
Effective August 2020, the Makos will no longer have practice sessions with start and end dates, and instead will be utilizing a monthly installment billing system. Once a swimmer has registered for the team, they will automatically be billed at the beginning of each month for Makos. This enrollment will be continuous unless a request is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to unenroll from the team and end payments. Practices will be offered on a continuous basis, and any months with skip dates such as holidays will be prorated prior to swimmers being billed.
Swim Team Ages 4-17
- Pre-Green: Swimmers with a goal of swimming on Green Team. This group will teach the fundamentals of being on a swim team. Swimmers must be evaluated to register for Pre-Green.
- Green Team: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. (Requirement: swim 25 yards of each stroke)
- Red Team: Swimmers have basic knowledge of being on a swim team and can properly execute all four swimming strokes.
- Blue Team: Swimmers have full concept of being on a swim team.
- White Team: For dedicated swimmers who are focusing on speed and high yardage.
- Two-day Option: For swimmers who only wish to swim two days per week. *Swimmers must pick M/W or T/TH.
New swimmers must pass a swim test in order to join the team. Swim tests may be done Monday - Thursday by appointment only. Please email Katie Waskiewicz or call 561-630-1126 to set up a swim test appointment, or if you have any questions.
Swim Team Practice Schedule
- Registration may be done online only.
- Pre-Green: 4-4:30pm
- Green Team 4:30-5:15pm
- Red Team 5:15-6:15pm
- Blue & White Teams 6:15-7:30pm
Resident/Non-Resident Membership Fees:
- $88/$110 per month (Monday - Thursday, all 4 days)
- $44/$55 per month (Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday, 2 day option)