Makos Swim Team
The Palm Beach Gardens Makos swim team is a recreational swim team that is a part of the South Florida Recreational Swim League. The team practices four days a week and competes in swim meets at least once a month. We have 5 different teams to meet most swimming abilities along with three different practice options. The recreational aspect of the team brings fun, competitiveness and friendships amongst the swimmers. Please see our practice information below for more details or contact Katie Waskiewicz at 561-630-1126 for more information.
Effective August 2020, the Makos will no longer have practice sessions with start and end dates, and instead will be utilizing a monthly installment billing system. Once a swimmer has registered for the team, they will automatically be billed at the beginning of each month for Makos. This enrollment will be continuous unless a request is submitted to email@example.com to unenroll from the team and end payments. Practices will be offered on a continuous basis, and any months with skip dates such as holidays will be prorated prior to swimmers being billed.
Swim Team Ages 4-17
- Swim Team Prep: Swimmers with a goal of swimming on an age group. This group will teach the fundamentals of four competitive strokes. Swimmers must be evaluated to register for swim team prep.
- Ages 10 & Under: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke (Requirement: swim 25 yards of each stroke). Swimmers must be evaluated to register for this age group.
- Ages 11-14: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke (Requirement: swim 25 yards of each stroke).
- Ages 15 & Over: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke (Requirement: swim 25 yards of each stroke).
- Two-day Option: For swimmers who only wish to swim two days per week. *Swimmers must pick M/W or T/TH.
New swimmers must pass a swim test in order to join the team. Swim tests may be done Monday - Thursday by appointment only. Please email Katie Waskiewicz or call 561-630-1126 to set up a swim test appointment, or if you have any questions.
Swim Team Practice Schedule
- Registration may be done online only.
- Swim Team Prep: 3:15-3:45pm
- Ages 10 & Under: 4:00-5:00pm
- Ages 11-14: 5:15-6:15pm
- Ages 15 & Over: 6:30-8:00pm
Resident/Non-Resident Membership Fees:
- $88/$110 per month (Monday - Thursday, all 4 days)
- $44/$55 per month (Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday, 2 day option)