The Palm Beach Gardens Makos swim team is a recreational swim team that is a part of the Amature Athletic Union (AAU). The team practices four days a week and competes in swim meets at least once a month. We have 3 different teams to meet most swimming abilities. The recreational aspect of the team brings fun, competitiveness and friendships amongst the swimmers. Please see our practice information below for more details or contact Katie Waskiewicz at 561-630-1126 for more information.
Swim Team Ages 4-17
- Swim Team Prep: Swimmers with a goal of swimming on an age group. This group will teach the fundamentals of four competitive strokes.(Requirement: swim 25 yards of identifiable freestyle without struggle). Swimmers must be evaluated to register for swim team prep.
- Age Group Team*: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. (Requirement: legal freestyle and backstroke, recognizable breaststroke and butterfly. Comfortable to complete a head first entry into the pool).
- Senior Team: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. (Requirement: legal freestyle and backstroke, recognizable breaststroke and butterfly. Comfortable to complete a head first entry into the pool).
New swimmers must complete a swim team evaluation in order to join the team. Evaluations are done on Wednesday evenings from 5:00-6:00pm and Saturday mornings from 10:00-11:00am. There is no appointment needed and evaluations will be conducted on a first come first serve basis within the designated time frames. Swim evaluations take approximately 5-10 minutes based on the swimmers skill level.
Swim Team Practice Schedule
- Registration may be done online or in person.
- After registering for the Makos Swim Team, swimmers will also need to be registered with the Amature Athletic Union (AAU). Please click HERE Swim Team Ages 4-17 Swim Team Ages 4-17 Swim Team Ages 4-17 to register.
- Swim Team Prep: 3:15-3:45pm
- Age Group Team: 4:00-5:00pm
- Age Group Team: 5:15-6:15pm
- Senior Team: 6:30-8:00pm
Monthly Resident/Non-Resident Membership Fees:
- Swim Team Prep
- $88/$110 per month
- Age Group Team
- $98/$122.50 per month
- Senior Team
- $108/$135 per month
Our top priority is providing a safe environment for our Mako swimmers and their families. In the event of inclement weather, all patrons will be asked to clear the deck immediately and enter the Community Center. The Aquatic Complex uses the Weather Bug application to determine if lightning is within a 10-mile radius of our facility. If lightning is within a 10-mile radius, or lightning is seen, a whistle will be blown indicating it is time to evacuate the pool deck. During this evacuation, swimmers will remain under the direction of their coach and transition to a dry land activity within the building. No refunds will be issued in the event of inclement weather.