2017 Resident Photography Contest
- 2017 Contest Categories
- Entry Submission
- Official Rules
- 2017 Awards Reception
- Jury Process
- 2017 Winners
2017 CONTEST CATEGORIESThe City of Palm Beach Gardens is pleased to announce its 2017 Photography Contest. In preparation for Florida City Government Week in October, this year's contest will celebrate the "Signature City" from the perspective of our residents & students. Proof of residency is required. All photos must be taken in Palm Beach Gardens. Photos taken outside of city limits will not be considered.
The deadline to submit photographs is August 28, 2017. Should you have any questions, please contact the Public Media Relations Division at 561.799.4152 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Each contestant may submit up to two (2) photographs in each of the four (4) categories listed:
- - No need for fancy gear! Send us your best phone snaps from around the city.
- Beauty Abounds- In a “garden city” full of lush landscape, this one’s easy. Enter your best nature or landscape photograph.
- Digital Manipulation- Time to get crafty! This category is for photographs with added artistic flair. Use Photoshop, Lightroom…anything goes.
- PBG at Work & Play- People connecting with other people or their environment. It’s a beautiful thing! Send us your best , candid scenes of people interacting with physical environments throughout the city.
DEADLINE EXTENDED!!The deadline to submit entries is September 1, 2017.
SUBMIT ENTRIES HERE
PHOTO CONTEST DISCLAIMERS
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
- Deadline for submission: Photo submissions may be submitted beginning on July 1, 2017 and will be accepted through August 28, 2017. (All photo submissions must have been taken between September 1, 2016 and August 28, 2017.)
- Judging: There will be 1 “Best in Show” (1 winner) chosen from and the 4 “First Place” winners from each of the 4 categories (5 winners). Each category will also have a “Second Place” and a “Third Place” winner. Judging will be done by a panel of City elected officials, community leaders and professional photographers. The winners will be notified via the email address provided on the entry form.
- Acknowledgement of Rules: In order to participate in this contest, you must acknowledge and agree to be bound by the official rules, terms and conditions. Check the blue box on the Entry Form to acknowledge rules.
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions:
- Eligibility: Open to all photographers who are current City of Palm Beach Gardens residents or students attending school in the City who are at least 18 years old or older. Photographers under 18 years of age are eligible with the written consent of a custodial parent or legal guardian. Individuals affiliated with City of Palm Beach Gardens (the “City”), including employees and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) are NOT eligible to enter. Proof of residency is required.
How to Enter: To Submit Entry:
- Complete the online entry form and submit photo entries by uploading the file at www.pbgfl.com.
- By entering/participating in this promotion/contest, you indicate your full agreement to and acceptance of these official rules, terms and conditions and City’s decisions, which are final and binding.
- Winning Photo: The winning photo will be announced in October 2017.
Use of Entries and Contest Publicity:
- Image Releases: You are responsible for obtaining any and all necessary releases from any and all identifiable persons depicted in your photograph (for minors, a release from their custodial parent or legal guardian is required). Copies of all releases must be provided to the City at the time of photograph submission.
- Warranty: By submitting Your photograph in this promotion/contest You represent and warrant that the photograph is your original work, its submission does not violate any agreement between you and a third party, and that its submission does not infringe upon or violate any law, statute, or ordinance or infringe upon any other right of any kind, including without limitation, rights affecting copyright, patent, trademark, unfair competition, defamation, privacy or publicity.
- License and Intellectual Property: The copyright in any submission shall remain the property of the entrant and, by submitting a photo, you grant the City, and those authorized by the City, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, to support its work and that of the City’s affiliates and cooperating nonprofit partners. Uses include, but are not limited to: print and digital, electronic newsletters; websites, slide shows, and promotional items such as printed cards, and calendars. Any photo reproduced may or may not include a photographer credit. The City will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with the above.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: By submitting a photograph, you agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless the City, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, suits, losses, and damages, including attorneys’ fees and costs and fees and costs on appeal, arising out or in any way related to your submission of a photograph and participation in this photo contest or any contest-related activities.
- The City of Palm Beach Gardens is not responsible for: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors and omissions; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the contest; (c) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctions of any network hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable mail or electronic mail; or (f) lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered photographs and/or entries.
- Publicity: Participation in the contest constitutes consent to the City's use of each participant’s name, likeness, and other information for promotional purposes in any and all media which may be chosen in the City’s sole and absolute discretion without any payment or consideration of any kind whatsoever.
- Conditions: The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The City reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its sole and absolute discretion. The City reserves the right to disallow or reject any entry that depicts brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its judgment is harmful to the public order, is pornographic, profane, violates commonly accepted standards of decency and/or is contrary to the goals, purposes or objectives of the contest.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
A reception will be held to reveal the finalists and present awards to our photo contest winners on Tuesday, October 24 at 6-7:30PM.
Florida City Government Week
Juried Photography Contest ExhibitionPalm Beach Gardens Residents & Students
Finalists on Display
October 9-November 16, 2017
2017 Photography Contest Winners by Category
Best in Show
Arbor of Royal Poincianas-Marilyn Samwick
Category- Digital Manipulation
1st Place- Dominic Contreras- Dock by the Water
2nd Place- Jennifer Lachmund- Sanctuary Heron
3rd Place- Dominic Contreras- Sandhill Crane Dock
Honorable Mention- Mike Sperduto- Downtown at the Gardens
Finalist- Diane Cappella
Finalist- Jody Lane- Sunbathing
1st Place- Mike Sperduto- Fireworks Over the Honda Classic
2nd Place- Jody Lane- Going Downtown
3rd Place- Julie Nelson- Danny Zuko
Honorable Mention- Dominic Contreras- Colors of PGA
Honorable Mention- Jody Lane- Sandhill Crane Golf
Finalist- Mike Sperduto- Early Morning Reflection
Finalist- Dominic Contreras- Sharp Color
1st Place- Dominic Contreras- Dagwood Morning Walk
2nd Place- Jennifer Lachmund- Rain
3rd Place- Jody Lane- Avenue of the Masters
Honorable Mention- Dominic Contreras- Rings of Beauty
Honorable Mention- Kim Lauber- Misty Morning
Honorable Mention- Jennifer Lachmund- Cyress Hideaway
Finalist- Sowmya Kishor- Skits the Squirrel
Finalist- Diane Cappella- The Golf Capital of the World
PBG at Work & Play
1st Place- Mike Sperduto- Going for a Swing
2nd Place- Sheryl Giaimo- AllStars Out at 3rd
3rd Place- Julie Nelson- Zipline Fun
Honorable Mention- Jody Lane- Sailing
*Honorable Mention- Kim Lauber- Sliding Between the Drops
Finalist- Lisa Fenton- Girl on the Carousel