Are you claiming Veterans' Preference?
If so, please remember to attach a copy of your DD214 or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veteran Affairs, listing military status, dates of service, and discharge type. In addition and as required by the Florida Department of Veterans' Affairs, all veterans must complete the FDVA form VP-1, Veterans' Preference Certification. If you are in a reserve component or Florida National Guard, you must also complete the FDVA VP-2 form. If you are an unremarried widow or widower, you would need to complete the FDVA VP-3 form. You may view these forms by going to our home page,, clicking on "Departments," then selecting "Human Resources."

Show All Answers

1. How do I sign up to be notified when a job of interest is posted?
2. What do I do if I keep receiving an error when trying to log in with my username and password to NEOGOV/Government Jobs?
3. What if I do not see the job I was searching for posted?
4. Will I receive confirmation that my application has been received?
5. How can I find out the status of my application?
6. When do you typically post positions for summer camp?
7. What are the next steps, once a recruitment closes?
8. Where can I find the City’s benefit information for full-time positions?
9. Are you claiming Veterans' Preference?
10. Veteran's Preference FAQ's